2017 NATAS SE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
The Southeast EMMY® chapter of The National Academy Television Arts & Sciences is proud to offer two $1,500.00 scholarships for qualified students pursuing a career in the television/media industry. One scholarship will be awarded to a high school student entering college. The other scholarship will awarded to a college student currently enrolled in mass media/communications.
A third scholarship is also available, “The Evelyn Mims NATAS Scholarship” in the amount of $1000. In honor of our past President, current board member and all around champion Evelyn Mims.
To be considered for a scholarship, a student must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Undergraduate students must have two (2) academic semesters remaining when the scholarship is awarded or be enrolled in graduate school.
- Student must be majoring in Radio, Television, Film; Broadcast Journalism; or related major.
- Student must submit at least two letters of recommendation from faculty, employers or internship supervisor.
- Student must submit a 1-3 page essay responding to the following question:
– Why did you select the television industry as your career choice?
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of professional potential and commitment. Applications are reviewed by a prestigious group of television professionals. They are scored based on their essay responses, demo reels, and their demonstrated commitment to the television industry (via internships, school projects, etc.). Finalists are personally interviewed. The chapter advertises its scholarships on-line and through social media.
Complete the application form by MAY 4, 2017 An independent panel of judges will choose the recipient for each scholarship. The scholarships will be awarded at the annual Southeast Regional EMMY® Awards on June 10th.